Friday, September 18, 2009

a little look at the acting world.

Just a few lines today as I have to go up for a commercial in about half an hour – well I have to meet my wife, Margaret, for lunch at American Burger on Sunset and then go for the commercial.
Most days I write my novel – my second novel – so you could say my full time job is writing but I'll always be an actor; for good or bad. Most of us are caring liberal people and if we have an opinion about anything or laugh too loudly we are sometimes thought to be opinionated or even theatrical.
Nothing could be further from the truth!
Some of my actor friends I have known for over forty years and I have seen some great talents wasted – I have seen a lot of no talents do very well too so we have to take the rough with the smooth.
I don't have much money at the moment as we are trying to put some money together to go to London in November for our grandson's baptism; my wife is not particularly religious and I'm not religious at all but it'll be a good get together with family and friends.
The reason I mention money is that the commercials we go for can sometimes be worth a fortune so you can suddenly be picked up off the floor to do the commercial which is followed by a good income for the length of the run of the commercial.
One commercial I did many years ago ran for six years; that was a bit of an anomaly as the contract, in the UK where it was shown, runs out after three years but it was so successful that they negotiated the contract with me again – look out for it on YouTube; just search for my name and Guinness Commercial.
So when we go for the commercial we never know – wish me luck you people out there who don't exist.
Is this blog slightly insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment