Thursday, August 19, 2010

To lamenate or not the Bit of Irish poster at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Well so far no reviews; it's just hard to get critics in as there are so many shows but Tuesday we noticed that my posters were up in the streets; so you never know things might pick up.

When I came here I noticed at the venue that my poster wasn't outside. When I asked I was told that they hadn't been laminated and that they would come off if it rained. This was from the organisers of the venue.

I put one of mine up using 'blue-tack' and later it did, indeed, rain. When I came in later my poster was one of the only few that stayed up. That poster, by the way, is still up even though it has rained every day since we came here – there's a photo taken above in the Meadows the other day when it wasn't raining.

The people that put my posters up in the streets didn't want them laminated as they wouldn't have been able to paste them up; which is the best way.

When I said that we noticed the posters were up in the streets I mean that up to Monday I hadn't seen any evidence of them. So I called the company that I paid £50 to and asked them where they were. They said they were sure they were up but with the £50 deal they didn't have to say where they were and it was not long after that we saw them; so maybe my phone calls worked or maybe just coincidence.

In Edinburgh today there is supposed to be a demonstration against the Royal Bank of Scotland – the RBS – who are sponsoring the festival. I don't know whether it will turn into a riot but we shall see. I have to go into the city centre later to use the internet at Fringe Central and if I get there okay you will be receiving this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, as you say, if you can read this then.... [I've survived]. It must be very frustrating not being able to drag an official reviewer in off the sreets. The trouble is that you are too honest to use a "doppleganger", just don't gnash your teeth too much......no comment on NHS dentists. I read somewhere that in the 90's a guys family cver from Oz to see his show and it took him the next 19 years to crack the big time. Nil illigitum desperandum carborundum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bbc are up there doing the rounds of the fest and so are sky arts the bbc has a show i think its the culture show 12;15tonight i think, its on bbc2, there was also a show on bbc2 last week my dad found,and theres a show tomorrow and next friday called the review show at the fringe its on 11pm,the ian dury show will most likely be on it,the sky arts one will be after the shows are gone prob next month if it gets to air, lol pay a cpl of teenagers to run around and every time they see a camera man or newspaper person they can say out loud to each other "hey that famous actor Chris Sullivan is doing a show here i heard its really good" lol and it will only cost a bottle of alco pop haha lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you in the 21st or 18th century??? Dodgy mate, best make hay whilst the 'sun shines'... 100+ over 'ere! xxxx Jeff

    ReplyDelete