Monday, August 30, 2010

Last night in Edinburgh


Now we have finished in Edinburgh for another year and what a time it was; it was a wonderful time we had and now we are in Suffolk. I drove here yesterday starting from Edinburgh at 1:25 pm and arriving at 9:30 pm; we stopped for an hour at the services in Nottingham and they were pony. The Burger King whopper was really pony I have to say – and for American readers pony is pony and trap = crap.

What happened to the old service stations that were on the M1 and M6; are they no longer there? They might have been expensive but at least it was real food and what about that terrible Krona coffee or whatever it's called.

There is my friend Irv above; he was giving out fliers for a one woman show about a famous nun whose name has escaped me for the moment. She would come into the dressing room just as I was getting ready to go on each night and take the nun's costume off down to her bra and panties; but we're all professionals I didn't notice a thing!!

Talking of nuns - 2 came on the last night of the show; it was a good show and they had angelic voices joining in with all the songs.

On the opening night a blind woman came and told me afterward she loved the show. So on the first night the blind lady came, on the closing night the nuns and in between another punter stuck out for me.

I was sitting near the box office one evening and a huge motorised invalid chair/vehicle came up the access ramp and passed the box office; driving was a huge man resembling Ironside.

I wondered which show he had come to see as there were 3 theatres in the foyer each with a different show; when the time came for me to do my show it was me he came to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, I agree with you about the service [?] stations and not only on the M1. The only good thing is that toilets are usually clean with soap and working hand dryers. By the way have you tried the new 'wave' hot air dryers by Dyson? Something to experience and almost erotic - remember I've led a sheltered life. It sounds as though you enjoyed yourself in Edinburgh, a real shame about the punters. Still something else for your CV, don't mention the nuns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave; good to hear from you. It's all one big adventure.

    ReplyDelete