Saturday, June 11, 2016

Cupid.

Here is a little tale for you; if you look at the bottom of the page to the comments you will see that various people contribute; sometimes I know who the people are who write in and sometimes I don't. I don't take any of the comments down, unless they are advertisements, or edit them, so what you see is what has been written.
I get some comments emailed directly to me too; sometimes hostile and sometimes not so but there is always something to say and I always reply – someone fell out with me recently because he didn't like what I said about politics; this was someone on the same side as me politically, but sometimes there are certain people on your side which you wouldn't want – I mean maybe the miners would have won their strike in the 80s without Arthur Scargill – he was a great nemesis for Thatcher; if he hadn't have been around maybe they would have invented him; maybe they did.
Some time ago someone, who wrote comments on a regular basis, asked me if I would let them know the name and contact details of one of the other contributors. Well of course I couldn't do that without the permission of the other contact. The first one, who enquired, was a woman, and the one I wrote to for permission was a man. 
It so happened I had worked with the man when I used to ride a motor-bike for the post office years ago, so I did, indeed, have his email address.
I wrote to him.
I never use names on this blog so I will not be giving personal details or backgrounds – a back story, as they say today, instead of history.
I'm pretty sure I started this blog in 2009 and this will be my 392nd post; they are usually between 500 and 1200 words each - this one is just 641 - so you can work out that I have written enough words for a book – maybe 392,000. I'm sure the posts are not all good but I like a lot of them and when I have the time I'll edit what I have and publish.
Apart from this being my 392nd post I have had over 140,000 hits – that's people reading them; it could be the same person reading it 140,000 times – but I doubt it and it can't be me because my hits don't count.
Look:

After writing to the fella, he answered by saying I had his permission to pass on his email address; which I did. 
This blog goes all around the world – USA, Europe, Russia and Australia – all over the world and many other places; tout le monde.
So I passed on the email address from person B to person A and low and behold they lived within a mile or two of each other.
The chances of that happening must be a million to one –  even more tout le monde to nothing – to miss quote Shakespeare!
That's a bit like Leicester City winning the Premiere League last month – at the beginning of the season they were something like 50,000 to one. A few people took it but when the season was nearly over I believe most of the punters cashed in their winning for a percentage – that is one thing I would never do; that's why I'm an actor – I never give up.
So person A met up with person B in a Starbucks and got on very well.
I met person B when I came back from America in a Starbucks (again) in Watford.

Cutting to a short story, this coming Friday we are travelling up to Solihull in the West Midlands to their wedding; so maybe I am Cupid after all.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you so upbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! What a lovely way you have interwoven a Love Story into your blog with, may I say, your usual finesse as a wordsmith. I am sure Miss A and Mr B will be forever in your debt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update! Miss A and Mr B are now nearly 12 months into their adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well what about that - if people still read this one. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete