Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The toilet, Amy Winehouse and The Little Chef!!

The Little Chef: somewhere in Yorkshire.

Further to my piece the other day about the word toilet and my piece about being near to where Amy Winehouse on the day she died.

First of all I went into Little Chef on the way up. They have the worst food in Britain without a doubt but I only stopped in there to use the loo and buy some coffee.

Look what I found – they call their lavatories loos; isn't that wonderful? At least they do something right.

When I came out with my coffee I passed some people sitting at the tables out front. I asked if they were eating food they had bought there or whether they had brought their own; they were AMERICAN!! They did what a lot of Americans do when they travel the roads in Britain – they'd stopped at a Little Chef – no wonder they think English food is bad if that's what they eat!!

Now to Amy Winehouse: I can't help being disgusted with some of the comments on Facebook and YouTube from nobodies – Amy Winehouse had an amazing voice. I know people who were within a few feet of her when she sang who said she was amazing and I have heard some of the songs she wrote and they were brilliant.

People are saying things that she didn't deserve – it's easy to write things anonymously (I've had things said about me on YouTube) and hide behind a nom-de-plume but it isn't easy for those nay sayers to say anything else as they have no empathy and having no empathy is the first sign of a psychotic so maybe these critics should keep quiet before someone takes them away.

I'm rehearsing this week and getting ready for my opening but I'll write again soon.


The late Amy Winehouse.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Chris, Amy was an amazing singer and song writer, i loved her ska music took me back yrs, a few yrs ago people were chearing bands that were drunk or stoned on stage "floyd,hawkwind,gg alin,johnny thunders ect ect" but some poor girl who met the wrong guy who needed help gets boo'd and driven into the ground by the fans and media, the same happened to sid vicious he met nancy she got him on drugs bam! hes dead, and hes a hero to many, i dont think she should be made a hero to people like sid , because its promoting drugs but she deserves some respect and recognition for her work from the media that helped kill her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father you should've stopped and eaten at the Little Chef, it has moved on in the last 20+ years since you may have eaten there... Heston Blumenthal went in and revamped the whole place; menu, chefs etc and apparently it's improved some what....I do not speak out of experience though as I wouldn't be seen dead in there!!
    As for Amy mate, well I had the fortune to see her perform many times over the years and have seen 150,000 people totally blown away by her voice. Unfortunately I have also seen her fall about the stage forgetting the words and basically disrespecting the fans who have paid good money to see her.
    Granted she had a fantastic voice and was extremely talented but at the end of the day she was a mess head who was banging every drug she could get her hands on and showed a serious amount of disrespect to those around her who loved her and tried to help her.
    I wish death upon no one and felt sad by hers but the bottom line is that it was not a surprise and without the fame and wealth she would have been just another smack head that you would've crossed the street to avoid and seeing her walk around Camden unfortunately that is exactly what she looked like.
    RIP

    ReplyDelete