Sunday, August 21, 2011

Posters in Edinburgh - I AM NOT THE BOY and Cock-gate!

Guinness poster from about 1973.

There are loads of posters around Edinburgh of me advertising my show; not getting blasé about it but I tend to ignore them after a while. When the Guinness poster was all over Britain in the early seventies I learned to get used to it and that was in every city and town throughout the UK. I remember standing underneath one waiting for a bus talking to a drunk and we took no notice.

That poster was around twenty feet high but these are A3 and I have often wondered why nobody has ever drawn a moustache or a beard on my face; maybe even a pair of glasses.

So yesterday I came upon one and someone had put a sticker over my mouth which said 'I AM NOT THE BOY.' - I thought 'I've arrived!'

A bit later on we found a lapel badge 'I AM NOT THE BOY.'

There is a campaign here called Cock-gate; little symbols of a penis and a pair of balls have been stuck to loads of posters - again I was left out; I trust I don't offend anybody by showing this

most of all the publishers of this blog; if it disappears after today you will know why.

These people have a show here and may win an award for their cheek – if you look up 'cock-gate' on Google it will explain all.

If I see another review I will put it up – sorry this is so short but you know the Woody Allen joke – 'that restaurant is terrible; the food is awful - and such small portions.'


I AM NOT THE BOY poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment