Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gay Suicides in America.

Leonardo da Vinci
First of all it's great that so many people read this; thank you. I only have a few registered 'followers' but I have a lot of regular readers all over the world and readers are reading posts that I have written as long ago as last year; The Estuary Accent seems to be the post that gets the most hits.

Now to a serious subject:

Terrible isn't that so many teenagers are committing suicide in America; it is linked to them being 'outed' as gay but a lot of them are not gay at all? They are taunted as being gay - maybe because they are effeminate or camp.

It seems the American teachers cannot help, because in the matters of sexual preference they are not allowed to take sides.

Not allowed to take sides? What does that mean? If they see people being bullied, whether they are gay or not, shouldn't they take a side?

The problem is that some of the teachers find it hard to control grown ups – for that is who they are teaching these days – and have little leadership qualities; those adults – those kids - are not all there in the head yet, as their brains haven't been formed properly so they do things and say things they wouldn't do if they were older. They think they are grown up but they are only grown up in size.

We were all there - remember?

This is why they are not allowed to do certain things because of their age; they are not ready for it.

At that age – teenage – they are too young to make decisions that will affect the rest of their lives; but they do. This includes the choice of their spouse, their career and their choice in politics.

That's why we see so many broken marriages and idiots being voted into office.

At that age teenagers find it hard to empathise and they certainly won't be able to empathise with someone who is gay or transsexual or any of the other none heterosexual practices or preferences; in fact the word preference is wrong as they don't usually have a preference.

A lot of gay people I know, and I'm bound to know many gay people from working in the theatre for so many years, didn't choose to be gay. Unlike drug addicts and alcoholics who took their first drug or drink by choice, homosexuals don't consciously choose to be gay.

Some people – some church groups - think they can convert homosexuals into heterosexuals but I haven't heard of any so called success stories from these courses; I'm sure there have been reported successes but let's face they are really driving them into the closet.

Now what was I like as a teenager? Well, I'll tell you: I didn't know what an homosexual was; truly.

I had heard that there were such people but at the age of sixteen I didn't really believe it; I knew there were paedophiles because I had read about them and had been approached by them as most kids are; paedophiles have always been with us.

If I had known any paedophiles at that age I would have deduced that they were a deserving target for bullying but I wasn't a bully.

I was in a class at school, in my final year, of forty three pupils; the chances of more than one of them being homosexual was very high. The chances of those that were not knowing it when they got married was also high. This was a secondary modern boys' school in a working class area and it would be hard in 1959 to come out at such a time and in such a place; very hard.

Yes I left school at fifteen with no qualifications and only the prospect of a job in a factory facing me; good job my mother encouraged me to go in to the post office.

I'm sure there were homosexuals in the post office too – and I know there were paedophiles!

When I was in my late teens a new hotel was built in the city where I lived; it was where pop stars and other dignitaries stayed when they were in town; it was the talk of the town and I remember going for an interview there for a job as a salesman with a clothing company called Top Gear when I was trying to do anything to get out of the job in the post office; it was very posh.

Not long after that a young man was murdered and when I read about the circumstances it turned out he was an homosexual; the police report said he frequented homosexual bars such as the one in the posh hotel; I was amazed; it was a posh hotel?

The fact that I didn't know about homosexuality and neither did most kids of my age meant that I wouldn't be on the look out for them at school or in the work place unlike these days when children of all ages seem to know.

Homosexuality, as a subject, is on television and in other parts of the media; it is discussed at schools and pupils are told that it is nothing to be ashamed of and that it is as natural as heterosexuality; I am not questioning that but I am questioning whether it should be discussed at school in the first place.

What is the point in discussing anything with people who do not understand? It doesn't matter whether it is considered natural or normal to mature people, you are discussing it with people whose brains are not mature yet as their hippocampuses are just not ready; that's why they behave the way they do, that's why they say the things they do because they don't understand.

They don't understand that you can't help who you love!

One question I will ask is why those teachers can't control their pupils? If kids of that age and size don't want to learn why are they at school?

Why aren't they permitted to leave school at fifteen like I had to if they don't want to learn? They are only stopping people who want to learn.

The fact that most of the talented people we know are homosexual and that we are all heavily influenced by them seems to be lost on homophobes; some of the greatest artists, singers, actors and the like were gay. James Dean and Montgomery Clift, to name two great actors, have influenced a majority of American actors and actors all over the world and they've been dead for many years, were both gay.

The kids at school get the wrong messages and the bullies are telling kids, they think are gay, that God will send them to hell for being gay and they take this to heart because number one they think they might be gay so they must kill themselves before it is confirmed so they can go to heaven and number two - how can they believe that if there is such a thing as God that he or she would be such an arsehole?

No comments:

Post a Comment