Friday, February 22, 2013

Oscar Predictions.

Richard Burton
A truly great actor - never won an Oscar.

Oscar weekend this week, folks. Not that it means anything but people raise money for films on the strength of people winning Oscars and it always gets mentioned but it means nothing because the best actor is – your favourite. Every time.
They say that all the James Bonds will be there at the Oscar ceremony this year but it has also been denied so who knows? Who knows if the show will be as good now that I no longer live around the corner – or near enough – from the theatre.
And who is the new smart Alec introducing it? It will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for him to surpass either Billy Crystal or Hugh Jackman in that job!
I haven't seen all the films and even if I was an Academy member I would still vote; I mean people vote for their governments after only seeing the name of the person they have just voted for for the first time.
So here are my predictions which I am putting down here for a bit of fun. I am not going to put Daniel Day-Lewis even though I think he will probably get it for best actor. This is because I am a professional actor and I'm sure there is or must be a certain amount of professional jealousy in me; apart from knowing how he does it and know he presses the right buttons rather like a girl wearing a push up bra and a V necked tee shirt when the rest of the girls wonder how fellas fall for it. I know how Joaquin Phoenix does it too but I wouldn't want to go through that or what Sean Penn did when he played Harvey Milk – just too good and too real – I like a bit of pizazz.
I'm not going through every award – don't forget this is only a bit of fun – you can have a go at me if you like!!!
Best Actor – Joaquin Phoenix (THE MASTER)
Best Actress – Emmanuelle Riva (AMOUR)
Best Supporting Actor – Christoph Waltz (DJANGO UNCHAINED)
Best Supporting Actress – Anna Hathaway (LES MISERABLES)
Best Director – Michael Haneke (AMOUR)
Best Original Screenplay – Quentin Tarantino (DJANGO UNCHAINED)
Best Adapted Screenplay – Chris Terrio (ARGO)
Best Film: well as there are so many and the James Bond film SKYFALL hasn't even been nominated I'm putting 2 choices and they are:
ARGO or LES MISERABLES.
Also – they never put a comedy in for either best actor or best film so, as usual, there is no comedy in the best film category but I do hope Alan Arkin gets it for ARGO.
But it'll be a great day in Los Angeles with all the parties, the busy pizza delivery workers and bar tenders, hookers & pimps, drug addicts and pushers fans and the boys of West Hollywood all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment