Wednesday, January 2, 2019

SoundZ on YouTube.

Happy New Year to one and all – I hope you had a good hogmanay. Do you know what saddens me? Spell checks don't recognise that word – hogmanay! 
It was first used by Mary Queen of Scots in 1561 and may, indeed, have originated in France.
Here's what the dictionary says: Hogmanay (Scots: [ˌhɔɡməˈneː]; English: /ˌhɒɡməˈneɪ/ HOG-mə-NAY) is the Scots word for the last day of the year and is synonymous with the celebration of the New Year (Gregorian calendar) in the Scottish manner.
And by the way – all the spellings here are spelt the English way.
So now – I have put my film SoundZ on YouTube; it has had its film festival run, screenings at Soho Screening Rooms, Harrow Filmmakers, an audience at NW London Equity and to an audience of shrinks; well doctors. They said I'd got it about right with the schizophrenia but nobody can be hypnotised over the phone and I said it was his own voice; he hypnotised himself. 'oh yes,' they said . . . (SPOILER there).
I made the film as an experiment to see if I could do all the jobs and loved it. Those with good memories will remember me writing on here about it.
When you have seen it – when, I hope – you can always go to the IMDb and write a review – the link for that is at the bottom of the page and you are not obliged to write a good one.
There are 2 co-stars – a bird and a fox at around three minutes or so and I hope you like it; click on this to view the move which is only 20 minutes long - 


AND FOR THE REVIEW:


you will see other reviews which came from audiences at the screenings. But don't feel pressured.

No comments:

Post a Comment