Wednesday, March 2, 2016

CROWD FUND EDDIE RAMONE

The 2 Sides of Eddie Ramone
I have decided to devote my post today to my crowdfunding campaign with regards to my play The 2 Sides of Eddie Ramone.
Here I am in Pinner, Greater London; 13 miles from the centre of the city; I have started the campaign and after two days I notice that most of my hits have come from the USA with 163, then comes the UK with 47, Germany with 10 and then loads of countries adding up to 282 with 97 referrals. So if you have referred thanks.
I could do with some contributions now – just think if all those people had donated £10 there would £2820 in the kitty now.
But there isn't – not yet anyway. But here's hoping.
Now then: you've heard of the Coen Brothers; they're the fellas who make those great movies like The Big Lebowski and Fargo.
They raised the finance on their first film, Blood Simple by asking all the dentists in their home town of Minneapolis for money. The dentists obliged as they had plenty and, because there were so many of them, they didn't feel the pinch.
Crowd funding is like that for people who don't know any dentists.
If you look (as I mentioned in my last post) in Wikipedia Crowdfunding is described as the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people and it goes on to say that it's been going since 1999 and In 2013, the crowdfunding industry raised over $5.1 billion worldwide.
So that's it!
I only know one dentist and she works at Guy's Hospital so I'm trying Crowdfunding to fund my play which opens in an off west end theatre in July.
As mentioned this is going to everybody in my address book so I apologise to the utility companies for any confusion!!
Have a look at the proposal for my crowd funding campaign:
Click on that if you would like to participate or just to take a look and let me know what you think.
The Crowd funding company I am using for this is Indiegogo – I only used the tiny URL so make things simple.
I'm hoping it's amusing and will give you a laugh and a break from the toils, tribulations, troubles and strife of life.
I have participated in other people's campaigns – not always getting the perk I asked for by the way – and they have usually been successful.
My play – The 2 Sides of Eddie Ramone started off as a one man show and has developed into a full length play for two people – a 2 hander!
Once again http://tinyurl.com/jxj6b8e is where you go.

Good wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment