Tuesday, September 6, 2011

West Ealing Railway Station - action!!!

Okay I've only been back here for 5 minutes and I'm complaining about this and that – never the weather – but I can't help seeing what I see.

You see that picture above? That was taken at West Ealing Railway Station and, as you can see, on platform 4 - in America that would be called track 4.

Many people – many, many people get on the train from that platform to go on the 15 – 20 minute journey to Paddington Station, in Central London, and a lot of them, as I have said before, have dumped their cars in the streets nearby to the chagrin of the local people and some of those people, as I said the other day, may be from Scotland or Cornwall.

The multitude that regularly pass it probably never look at that sign but tourists look at it and wonder where Action Main Line Station is. They probably think that is the place where there is action and get their maps and Satellite Navigation Devices out and look for – in vain I have to say– Action Main Line Station.

I can imagine the amount of calls to the railway stations asking about the place and the irate robots at the other end of the line saying 'I'm sorry I didn't understand you; please repeat your question' and the caller shouting 'AGENT! AGENT!! AGENT!!!'

Then when a real person answers the phone the caller is told that there is no such place as Action Main Line Station from platform 4 or anywhere else, and that the caller must mean Acton Main Line Station and then the caller saying 'No! It definitely says Action.'

But the poor caller would be put in his place because he only set eyes upon it and the agent, who is probably in the Falkland Islands, never has.

The Falkland Islands, did I say? That's a figment of my imagination – Britain has been sending them a million a day since The Falklands War so why would they work in a phone bank?

Action Main Line Station doesn't exist; it is a figment in the mind of some sign writer with a sense of humour or a figment of my imagination.

Next time you are at West Ealing Railway Station and on platform 4, have a look at the sign for yourself and you will see it is as above – unless they change it.

1 comment:

  1. You could be right Chris - maybe it was meant as a joke but there is nothing remotely funny in being given wrong information. If you ask me, it is probably yet another example of the shoddy workmanship in this country today!

    ReplyDelete