Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last Day in Hollywood,



We are here in Hollywood for only one more day; tomorrow we take the train to New York so my next blog will come from somewhere between here and there – if they have wi-fi on board.

The apartment now is empty and bear and we will be sleeping on the mattress for the third night on the trot.

The mattress is in exactly the same place as the bed used to be and when my wife got out of bed yesterday morning she looked about eight feet high – I had forgotten I was a few feet lower.

Our moving sale didn't do very well – we sold the bedroom suite but nothing else big; we sold a lot of small stuff though and a few books.

The trouble was there is nowhere to park around here; you can only park outside if you have a permit so the stuff had to go to a thrift shop. Not many of them collect so we had to make many phone calls.

At one time it was the easiest place to park but Runyan Canyon became so popular that various people campaigned to get the parking stopped outside their houses - one of them Sheryl Crow; when she got the parking stopped everybody jumped on the band wagon so thanks Sheryl - thanks for the bad moving sale.

At the moment I am taking the rest of the stuff to the Goodwill thrift shop on Beverly Blvd in the Fairfax district as the people on Tuesday couldn't get it all into their van; I've done two trips and one trip to Glendale to drop some books in my friend's house.

I'm only writing this because my wife has nipped out and wants to come on the next run.

There she is above dusting the bed after we took the box spring and the mattress off - yes dusting!!

I will have to go and look for her now so until I write again when in transit – in the meantime there is our empty apartment - as empty as it was when we came here all those years ago; toodleloo!


4 comments:

  1. You will be missed my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Chris, we'll ride a special ride on the beach for ya, and the Figtree waiters will toast your new successes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all glad your moving back to Lil Ole England.... We kinda missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you both! The lamp and other "oddments" have a great new home. Keep in touch from across the pond and safe travels! Charlotte

    ReplyDelete